Saturday, October 10, 2009

I miss Autumn..

I was introduced to Autumn when I stepped onto Queen's soils for the first time.
In London, the weather was still warm , late summer was still in the air. Well, I was in a metropolitan, with all the pollutions the presence of Autumn was barely recognised.

Her existence was clearly indicated when I traveled inland to the city that was my home for the next 2 years.

Green leaves, turned to golden hue, lingered for a few weeks than fell to the ground. Slowly the tree changed from green to gold than stark naked, not one leaf lingered. Thus signed the beginning of the cold,grey winter.

The changes were slow yet obvious. Warm weather turned chilly then cold. Rain and wind made it colder. The shower was not as wet as in tropic but surely bit the feet if I was silly enough to wear flip flops , with a thought that it was still summer...

It was time when the new uni year started, whether you were a junior, 2nd years or in finals.

It was the season where my student life started and ended two years later...

How I miss Autumn... miss Autumn badly



No comments:

Post a Comment